Beijing 360 Index du Forum
Beijing 360 Index du ForumFAQRechercherS’enregistrerConnexion

and he recalled some

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Beijing 360 Index du Forum -> QUALIFICATIONS POUR LES J.O -> Qualifs epreuves d'athletisme sur piste
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
hfy962464

Specialité Beijing 2008: Athletisme: Piste
Féminin

MessagePosté le: Lun 16 Avr - 08:07 (2018)    Sujet du message: and he recalled some Répondre en citant

CALGARY - Elisabeth Vathje may have hit a triple in her first at-bat in skeletons big leagues, but the slider is hardly an overnight success. Shawn Williams Jersey .Skeleton, and its sporting relative bobsled, commonly draw athletes later in their lives from track and field and other explosive sports.Vathje (pronounced VAT-chee) is unique in that she began sliding head first on a sled at 14.Now 20, the Calgarian won a silver medal in her World Cup debut last week in Lake Placid, N.Y. Her second stop on the World Cup circuit in on her home track Friday in Calgary.You go to your first World Cup, you expect the jitters, Vathje says. To finish second was incredible. I was overwhelmed.The one thing I do say is my goal is top six, but Im going in with no expectations. If I go in saying I want to win your brain is not focused on the correct thing.Youre missing the process and focusing on the outcome. Its important for me to just go out and slide. My body knows what it should do.The World Cup in Calgary opens with mens and womens skeleton and two-man bobsled Friday. Olympic gold medallist Kaillie Humphries will pilot her two-woman sled and make her World Cup debut as a four-man pilot Saturday.Vathje won a silver medal at the world junior skeleton championship Jan. 25 in Winterberg, Germany. Shes been racing the developmental North American Cup and Europa Cup circuits for several years. The week prior to her World Cup debut, she won a Europa Cup in Winterberg, which is the site of the 2015 world championships.Her ascension comes at a difficult time financially for Canadas skeleton team. The team has undergone a complete changing of the guard with no returning Olympians this winter.Own The Podium funding dropped to just $20,000 for 2014-15 from an average of $876,250 in the years between the 2010 and 2014 Winter Olympics.So Vathje, with help from sponsors and the bank of parents Rita and Jeff, is paying the majority of the freight. She says Bobsleigh Canada Skeleton will cover travel, accommodation and meals for races, but her coaching, equipment and support-team costs are borne by her.British skeleton sled maker Richard Bromley, the brother of racer Kristan Bromley, and former Canadian team slider Charles Wlodarczak are coaching Vathje.Bromley produced her new $10,000 sled that took her to another level in racing the moment she dove onto it in October.It was love at first slide, Vathje said. I went on that sled and it was a second faster than my old sled. Its incredible to have it tuned so perfectly to me that I can just let the sled do the work.An employee benefits company and a trucking company sponsor her. Her father works for an energy company. Vathje says her mother bakes and sells cookies to defray the cost of her racing.I will be going to different competitions on the back of cookies, Vathje says. Its really sponsors that are coming behind me. My mom and dad cover the rest basically. Working in the summer is hard because its not conducive to good training.We call it Team Vathje. It takes a village, really. It is expensive.She took up the sport because her father sat near the luge team on a plane from Vancouver when she was 13.They got talking and at the time I was too old for luge and too young for bobsled, but perfect for skeleton, she explained. We got involved. I did a talent I.D. camp.It was kind of crazy, but my parents signed off on it.The World Cup circuit moves to Europe in January. Vathje knows the North American tracks inside and out having slid on them often in the minors. But shes confident in her abilities in Germany, Austria and France because shes raced Europa Cups on those tracks too.OTP allocates Sport Canada funding based on whether a sport federation has athletes with medal potential. Vathje knows winning World Cup medals could help restore funding to the team.Thats not really something I focus on, but I want to do my best to help better my team, she said. Were in an individual sport, but were still a team. I want to see my teammates do well. The last thing I want to see if because we have a lack of funding that we do poorly.If I do well, fantastic. It helps the team. It betters the team and better us all. Boomer Esiason Jersey . Louis Blues and back into top spot of the TSN.ca NHL Power Rankings. The Sharks had been ranked No. Cedric Peerman Jersey . By then it was clear: The 76ers were going to win for the first time in two months, and they were going to do it with ease. The 76ers snapped their NBA record-tying, 26-game losing streak, routing the Detroit Pistons 123-98 on Saturday night to avoid establishing the longest skid in U. http://www.nflbengalsgearofficial.com/tyler-eifert-jersey/ . Messis father, Jorge Horacio Messi, is apparently still under investigation for an alleged 4 million euros ($5.3 million) in unpaid taxes from Messis image rights from 2007-09. Messis public relations firm confirmed Spanish media reports that the state prosecutor has asked for Messi to be dropped from the investigation that began in June 2013.New Celtic boss Brendan Rodgers is hoping to pack out the stadium again and bring Champions League football back to the club. The former Liverpool and Swansea manager signed a 12-month rolling contract with his boyhood heroes on Monday.And the 43-year-old is aiming to consolidate Celtics position as top club in Scotland after replacing Ronny Deila as manager. Crowds have fallen away at Celtic Park despite the Hoops stretching their sequence of Scottish Premiership titles to five-in-a-row, with some fans unhappy at the style of football on show and a group of shareholders unsatisfied with the lack of progress into Resolution 12, in which Celtic are seeking answers from the SFA over possible lost revenue from UEFA competition in 2011.But Rodgers believes he will have more chance of fulfilling his aims if he can persuade most of the discontented supporters to return. Celtic supporters put on a show before a Champions League match We want to dominate in Scotland and qualify for the Champions League. We will need the fans to do that, the Northern Irishman said.This is an incredible football club and the support here is phenomenal. I need to get those stands full again.The top tier of the Lisbon Lions stand has been closed or empty and it is my job to get people in here again and inspire the supporters to come back and watch a game of football that inspires and excites them and is about scoring goals and winning. Rodgers believes he is taking over one of the biggest clubs in the world Ultimately that is what we want to do and if we can do that then we will be on the right track. John Ross Jersey. Here is not just about winning. Celtic is brought up to win in a way football, style, identity and that is something that hopefully we can create here and make the supporters proud of their team.Rodgers grew up supporting the Hoops from his home in the north of Ireland, and he recalled some memories of following the clubs fortunes.I have my uncles and cousins here, it was they who started me off on that front, Rodgers said. It was from early years, listening on the radio. Ronny Deila paraded the Scottish Premiership trophy twice in two seasons The first game I went to was 1984, it was a friendly, Celtic versus Finn Harps over in Ireland, that was my first memory.I was 11 years of age and from then I have been in the Celtic family with many relations, brothers, cousins, uncles all throughout the world, huge supporters and it is very much being their life.I am very lucky to be able to step out of the stands and onto the sidelines and manage the team. Win a trip to Kansas City, USA! Ivy Investments are offering Sky Sports MLS fans the chance to win a trip to Kansas City, USA Also See: Rodgers: Celtic not a step down Skipper Brown hails Rodgers Nicholas: Brendan can be great Celtic appoint Rodgers NFL Jerseys Wholesale Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale Jerseys 2020 Wholesale Authentic Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Online Cheap Authentic Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China ' ' '
Publicité

MessagePosté le: Lun 16 Avr - 08:07 (2018)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Beijing 360 Index du Forum -> QUALIFICATIONS POUR LES J.O -> Qualifs epreuves d'athletisme sur piste Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | créer son forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Designed by revaz
Template by revaz